- Matt Clark’s Northern Basement Systems – Matt Clark’s Northern Basement Systems is the leading basement waterproofing, crawl space moisture control, and foundation repair contractor in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Hawkins House Craftsmarket – featuring the jewelry, wood, clothing, glass, quilts, kilim rugs and pottery of over 500 artists.
Vermont Online Guides
- Agricultural Fairs in Vermont – Listings of statewide county fairs.
- Backroad Discovery Tours – Introducing vacationers to the beauty, history and unique allure of the Manchester Vermont area. Innovative tour service.
- Bennington.com – All about Bennington Vermont; Downtown Bennington, Town of Bennington, Chamber of Commerce. Searchable business directories.
- Brattleboro, Vermont
- Chester Vermont Innkeepers Association – Southern Vermont bed and breakfasts, inns and motels offering hospitality and accommodations for vacation. Near skiing at Okemo, dining, Weston, Manchester, Ludlow and Grafton.
- Hungry Vermont – All Vermont restaurant directory and “Suggestaurant”
- Hungry Burlington – Burlington Vermont restaurant and menu directory
- Jay Peak – Online guide to the Jay Peak area.
- Logcabin Chronicles – Northeast Kingdom lore, photos, stories, town sites, etc.
- Manchester and the Mountains
- MT Snow/Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- Okemo Valley Regional Lodging – A directory of bed and breakfasts, Inns & motels offering accommodations, dining, attractions and lodging for a vacation or ski trip to southern Vermont – near 6 ski resorts including Killington and Okemo.
- Putney, Vermont
- Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing
- VermontGuides Travel Guide
Southern Vermont Maple Syrup
- Evans Maple Farm – Vermont Maple Syrup in Dummerston, VT
Battle of Bennington
- “Gone to Meet the British” – A Book about the Battle of Bennington.
- Bromley Mountain – Alpine skiing, snowboarding, etc.
- Prospect Mountain – Some of the finest cross country skiing in southern Vermont. Facilities, rentals, food and more.
- Stratton Mountain – Alpine skiing, resort.
- The Brittany Inn, Manchester VT – Wake up after a great night’s sleep to Manchester and the Mountains. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Taconic and Green Mountains.
- Casablanca Motel – The Casablanca Motel offers lodging and accommodations in Manchester Vermont, near skiing, golf, shopping, and the Green Mountains.
- The Dorset Inn – In Dorset, Vermont. Vermont’s oldest continuously operated inn.
- The Eddington House – This 1857 bed & breakfast is located in the historic village of North Bennington, Vermont. Three spacious guests rooms with private baths. Multi-course breakfast. Walk to dining and attractions.
- The Fan House – Bed and Breakfast in Barnard, Vermont, near Woodstock and Killington.
- The Harwood Hill Motel – Located on over 4 acres of park like grounds atop Harwood Hill providing spectacular views of Mt. Anthony. Located on the North side of Bennington on Route 7A.
- The Inn at Weathersfield – Classic full service Inn in Southern Vermont. Set on 21 wooded acres, the original structure was built in 1792 as a stagecoach stop. Restaurant serving Thurs-Sun. Pub & lite fare the rest of the week.
- The Midtown Motel, Bennington – Color Cable TV, HBO, Jacuzzi, Outdoor Pool, Deluxe Efficiences, Free local phone with Dataport Connections. 107 West Main St, Bennington. 802-447-0189
- The Paradise Motor Inn – The Paradise is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, and stylish Inn located in the heart of Bennington Vermont. Offering 78 rooms, some of which include, private balconies, patios, jacuzzi and sauna. Also available are suites and luxurious studios with full kitchens.
- Park Light Inn, Chester VT – Come visit the Park Light Inn, a 1906 Victorian home where you can enjoy a relaxing place to stay and a breakfast that will astound your taste buds. After a long day, you can enjoy a romantic dinner by the fireplace, sit back in the hot tub, or play a game of pool in the Great Room. Visit our web site for prices, specials, and value deals.
- The Reluctant Panther Inn – Manchester, Vermont
- The Stone Hearth Inn, Chester VT – Historic New England Inn, built circa 1810, located in southern Vermont near ski resorts, Okemo, Bromley, shops, fine dining, antiques, Weston Playhouse, Springfield & Manchester. 10 guest rooms w/ private bath.
- Stone Boat Farm Bed and Breakfast, Jamaica, VT – We offer cozy, affordable accommodations for outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore Vermont’s bountiful skiing, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and hunting opportunities.
- Vermont Vacation Rentals
Southern Vermont Restaurants / Food
- The Brattleboro Co-op, Brattleboro VT – In addition to being a supermarket sized co-op open to the public, the Brattleboro Co-op features an area for eating products purchased in the store or in the extensive salad bar and full-service deli and sandwich area.
- www.Putney.net – Features a list of dining options in Putney, VT, a town 20 minutes north of Brattleboro.
Southern Vermont Breweries
- Madison Brewing Company Pub and Restaurant, Bennington VT – A relaxed atmosphere, great pub fare, plus several beers brewed on premises. 428 Main St, Bennington, VT
- Northshire Brewery – A new brewery in Bennington
Southern Vermont Attractions
- The American Museum of Fly Fishing – In Manchester, Vermont, is a great place to visit.
- Shaftsbury Alpacas – on Rte 67A in North Bennington, by the NY border. Breeders of Alpacas, we offer a free and relaxed tour of our farm and facilities in the serene hills of the Green Mountains. Visit the Alpaca Shack for our fine alpaca products.
Southern Vermont Landmarks
- Bennington Museum – Largest public selection of Grandma Moses paintings.
- Hemmings Motor News – Visit their Antique Car Museum and Gas Station/Gift Shop on Main St. in downtown Bennington.
- Hildene – Robert Todd Lincoln’s historic home in Manchester, VT.
Southern Vermont Travel
- Bennington Airport – Bennington Airport offers the privacy and personalized attention large airports don’t while providing the same services they do.
- Backroad Discovery Tours – a local, guided tour service based in Manchester, Vermont.
Vermont Arts and Crafts
- Battenkill Stitchery – Shop offering the largest selection of handpainted needlepoint designs in the area, plus a wide variety of cross stitch charts and large assortment of threads and fibers.
- Dunberry Hill Designs – Handpainted Traditional Floorcloths, Townshend, VT
- Classic Quilts of Vermont – in Benson, Vermont.
- Custom Dollhouses – Hand made dollhouses, architectural replicas or built to your specifications. Museum Quality.
- The Dream Quilt Custom – Quilts, Quilt Design and Workshops in East Dummerston, VT
- Elaine Beckwith Gallery – Featuring works from over 20 artists.
- The Framery of Vermont – Framed prints by Warren Kimble, Sabra Field, Will Moses, and originals by artists of the Connecticut River Valley.
- Frog Hollow – The Frog Hollow Vermont State Craft Centers are a non-profit visual arts organization dedicated to advancing appreciation of fine Vermont craft through education and exhibition. With galleries and craft classes in Burlington, and Middlebury, Vermont. For more information, call toll-free 1-888-388-3177.
- Robert M. Gasperetti – Furniture Maker Furniture artist in Danby, Vermont.
- Hocus Focus of VT – Small studio/gallery of Northeast Vermont Landscape Prints as well as a product offering on the web of some of their favorite pics as graphics on t-shirts, mugs.
- Laughing Coyote Woodworks – Custom Woodworking and Furniture Design. Laughing Coyote Woodworks is a custom woodshop looking forward to creating what you can imagine.
- Mountain Spun Farm – Textile artist, Handspinning, weaving, knitting supplies, fibers. Whitingham, VT
- Park-McCullough House – 1865 Victorian Historic House Musuem. Period furnishings and clothing. Open to the public, tours.
- Daniel Pattullo – Artist, Oil Paintings and Watercolors
- Pattullo Digital Studio – Fine Art Giclee printing for artists, photographers, etc… Located in Northern Vermont
- Rosie’s Wonders – Offers hand-woven scarves and shawls in luscious natural fibers, expert color medleys and intricate designs; original note cards with whimsical hand drawn illustrations on post-consumer recycled stock; delicate necklaces made with semi-precious gems in snazzy color combos knotted on silk and artsy earrings in an array of stones hung on sterling silver.
- Stone Soldier Pottery – Stone Soldier Pottery has carried on the Vermont tradition of the small family run business for over 30 years.
- Daryl Storrs – Huntington, Vermont artist. Hand painted Lithographs and Hand painted Lithographic Jewelry.
- TimothyClark.com – Timothy Clark, Cabinetmaker/Chairwright, Handcrafted Windsor Chairs, Rocking Chairs, and Shaker Furniture
- www.VermontFolkRocker.com – Handmade Rocking chairs from Vermont
- www.VermontSoap.com – Discount Factory Outlet and Soap Museum. See how natural handmade aromatherapy soaps are made. Or shop on-line and take the Virtual Tour!
Vermont Culture, Music and Theatre
- Ballroom Vermont – Features swing, latin, foxtrot, waltz and tango dancing.
- Banjo Dan and the Mid-Nite Plowboys – The unofficial Banjo Dan page.
- Bennington Contradances – Schedule and website of the monthly Bennington Contradances at the Masonic Temple.
- Big Heavy World – A realy cool site featuring Burlington Area music and cultural scene. Don’t miss it.
- Floydian Slip – A weekly radio journey through the music of Pink Floyd.
- Jazz Vermont – Invites you to play the music of Basie, Ellington, Gillespie, Marsalis and more.
- Lost Nation Theater – Montpelier, VT
- Vermont’s Bluegrass Festivals – A marvelous resource for bluegrass fans.
Vermont Radio Stations
- Vermont Public Radio
- WEQX – The Real Alternative. Broadcasts alternative music from New York to New Hampshire from repeaters in Manchester and Albany, NY. One of the few remaining independent radio stations in the Southern Vermont listening area.
Other Vermont Retail Sites
- Barrels For U – Used & Recycled 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels, Rain Barrels, Dock Barrels and Metal Drums in Bennington, VT. Food-grade, rinsed clean. Plastic barrels and metal drums with bungs, lids with rims, or screwtop lids.
- The Best of Vermont Country Cooking – A collection of 400 recipes as collected from farms all over the state of Vermont.
- Big Black Bear – Factory outlet for Mary Meyer plush toys and bears. GREAT selection of gifts and toys. Online ordering.
- GCEmb Greenland Custom Embroidery – Family owned & operated, GCEmb offers the brands you know and trust, competitive pricing, and high quality of service you expect and deserve! We are your source for quality service and merchandise.
- Domain Doors – Fully insured installer and servicer of overhead garage doors.
- Northshire Bookstore – We sell new, used and rare books. And specialize in Vermont books and books by Vermont authors. We sell books online and out of our retail shop in Manchester.
- Now and Then Books – Bennington VT. “Southwest Vermont’s Largest Used Bookstore”.
- The Pear Tree – Antiques, furnishings and accessories in Chester, Vermont
- Trump’s Last Day 01.20.21™ – 01.20.21™ is about the 59,755,284 people who voted against Donald Trump on November 8th 2016. Buy buttons, stickers, countdown clocks, and apparel.
- Vermont Dried Peonies – Vermont Dried Peonies offers exceptional quality air-dried peony flowers of the finest cultivars available.
- Vermont Slate Art – Vermont artisans who hand-craft slate switch plates and frames.
- Yankee Scents – Yankee Scents is a Vermont based maker of fine potpourri, custom oil blends and other fine herbal products.
- Vermont Woods Studios – Sustainable wood furniture made in Vernon Vermont.
- Patagonia Burlington – Northern Vermont source for outdoor gear.
Other Cool Vermont Sites
- Scenes of Vermont – Great articles and imagery. Very nicely done.
- VBPC Bike Shops Page – A great big list of the bike shops of Vermont.
- West Hill Shop – Bicycles, cross-country skis, and related stuff in Putney VT since 1971.
- Randall Cattle Registry Inc. – The breed registry for Vermont’s native cattle breed, Randall cattle. We have been promoting Randalls for use on small family farms and in low input grass based farming systems.
Vermont Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Bennington College
- Castleton State College
- Colleges and Universities in Vermont – A listing of the email addresses and phone numbers for admissions and financial aid offices of Vermont colleges and universities; links to college homepages and online applications, more. All the colleges we missed in our link list can be found here!!
- The Greenwood School
- The Hiland Hall School
- Landmark College
- Marlboro College
- The Putney School – An independent, co-educational boarding and day school for grades 9-12.
- Southern Vermont College – Located in Bennington Vermont. Bachelors and Associates degree programs.
- Vermont College
- University of Vermont
- The Official Site of the State of Vermont – Features everything the government could ever possibly tell you about anything to do with Vermont!
- Senator Leahy – Set up a World Wide Web site to help Vermonters to take advantage of opportunities to do business on the Internet.
- CourtSystem.org – Legal, Law Enforcement, and Public Service Office Locations, Hours, & Phone Numbers in one convenient resource.
Vermont Real Estate
Other Regional New England Sites
- www.HelpingGreyhounds.org – FOSTERCARE needed. Open your heart; open your home to a Greyhound. See who is looking for a loving home.
Did we miss your favorite Vermont site? Tell us!